NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – The Arkansas men’s basketball team makes its annual trip to central Arkansas on Thursday night, putting a seven-game winning streak on the line against Sam Houston State with tip-off set for 7 p.m. at Verizon Arena.
Date: Thursday, Dec. 22
Location: Verizon Arena
Tip-off: 7 p.m. CT
Tickets: Buy Here
Live Stats: Click Here
The #Fastest40 Facts
• Arkansas is off to its best 11-game start in the Mike Anderson era with a 10-1 record.
• The Razorbacks are 3-2 at Verizon Arena under head coach Mike Anderson, including wins in three of the last four visits to the capital city.
• Arkansas’ current seven-game winning streak is the fifth such streak under head coach Mike Anderson in the last six years. The program’s previous five seven-game winning streaks came during a span of 15 seasons.
• Over the last two contests, Arkansas has combined to go 43-of-47 (.915) from the free throw line, including Saturday’s 29-of-31 (.935) performance against Texas, which was the second best percentage in school history with 30-plus attempts. Arkansas went 30-of-32 (.938) against Rice in 1982.
• Arkansas has recorded runs of at least 10-0 on 12 different occasions this year, including a season-high 21-0 run against Austin Peay on Dec. 3. The Razorbacks have multiple 10-0 runs in five of 11 games this year.
• The Razorbacks have held opponents scoreless for three-plus minutes 22 times this year, including at least once in 10 of 11 games this season. Arkansas held UT Arlington scoreless for a season-best 7:11 during the second half, going on a 15-0 run.
• The Razorbacks have pulled down 10-plus offensive rebounds in 12 straight games, the longest streak under Anderson. Arkansas is scoring 16.8 percent of its points on second chance opportunities, good for 13.9 points a game.
Charity Stripe Success
• The Razorbacks lead the SEC and rank 7th in the country in free throw percentage at 79.5 percent, averaging 18.7 made free throws per game. Arkansas has made 82.6 percent of its free throws over the last 5 games.
• Dusty Hannahs is shooting 91.1 percent (41-45) from the charity stripe this season, good for 25th in the nation. Hannahs had made 26 straight free throws before missing against Texas.
• Daryl Macon has made 21 straight free throws, including a 14-for-14 performance against Texas.
Mini plans, Tusk Mobile Passes, Double-Double Deals and single-game tickets for the 2016-17 season are available now at the Razorback Ticket Center by calling at 1-800-982-HOGS (4647) and online by clicking here.
For more information on Arkansas men’s basketball, follow @RazorbackMBB on Twitter.