- Coach Bielema has never lost a home opener in his career, posting an 8-0 mark and an average win margin of 18.3 points in the first home game of the season.
- Arkansas will play the toughest schedule in the nation in 2014 according to the NCAA, with its opponents combining for a 103-54 (.656) record in 2013.
- With several new weapons in the passing game, the @RazorbackFB offense completed passes to 10 different receivers in the season opener.
- Head coach @BretBielema is 28-6 (.824) in his head coaching career during the month of September.
- Arkansas has not faced a current active member of the Southland Conference since 1961, when the Razorbacks defeated Northwestern (La.) State, 42-7.
- The Razorbacks have won seven consecutive home openers by an average margin of 27.5 points per game.
- In the past seven home openers, Arkansas has outscored its opponents by an average of 42.9 to 15.4.
- Arkansas has won 16 of its past 17 home openers dating back to 1997 and is 96-20-4 (.817) overall in the first home game of the season.
- The Razorbacks are a perfect 6-0 all-time against current members of the Southland Conference, posting wins over Abilene Christian (1948), Central Arkansas (1923 and 1926) and Northwestern [La.] State (1946, 1947 and 1961).
- Arkansas last played a former Southland Conference opponent in 2005, when the Razorbacks defeated Louisiana-Monroe 44-15. The Warhawks joined the Sun Belt Conference the following year.
- The Razorbacks have played an FCS opponent in each of the past five seasons, outscoring its opponents by an average of 44.6 to 13.0 points per game. Every SEC team is playing an FCS opponent and 20 teams in the Preseason Associated Press Top 25 will play an FCS foe this year.
- Arkansas plays seven games against the preseason AP Top 25, tied for the most in the nation with Auburn. The Razorbacks will play No. 2 Alabama, at No. 5 Auburn, No. 12 Georgia, No. 13 LSU, No. 18 Ole Miss, vs. No. 21 Texas A&M and at No. 24 Missouri.
- The Razorbacks are the only team in the nation to play seven conference games against teams ranked in the preseason Top 25.
- Nicholls is the only Razorback opponent that lost on the opening weekend. Arkansas’ 2014 opponents are currently 11-1 heading into Week 2 of college football action.