FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Riding a five-game winning streak, the Arkansas men’s basketball team opens SEC play Saturday afternoon, welcoming No. 19 Tennessee to a sold-out Bud Walton Arena.
The #Fastest40 Facts
• Beginning its 27th season in the Southeastern Conference, Arkansas is 14-12 all-time in SEC openers, including an 8-4 mark in Bud Walton Arena to open league play.
• The Razorbacks are 35-23 against AP top 25 teams in Bud Walton Arena, including 27-16 against top 20 teams.
• For the second straight season, Arkansas is opening SEC play at home against a top 25 team, after falling to No. 25 Florida last year.
• During the last three seasons, Arkansas ranks second in the SEC in league wins with 34. Tennessee ranks 11th in the conference with 21 victories.
• For the first time since the National Championship run in 1994, Arkansas has scored 90-plus points in eight of its first 12 games.
• Arkansas is one of three teams in the nation to rank in the top 10 in points per game and assist-to-turnover ratio, joining No. 4 Duke and No. 25 Creighton.
• The Razorbacks lead the SEC and rank No. 6 in the nation in assist-to-turnover ratio thanks to 106 assists and just 38 turnovers in the last five games.
• The Razorbacks have five straight games with fewer than 10 turnovers for the first time in the last 20 years.
• Arkansas is the only team in the SEC to have five players scoring in double figures in points, led by 18.6 points per game by Jaylen Barford.
• In seven games in Bud Walton Arena this year, the Razorbacks are 7-0 with a +179 scoring margin. Arkansas has a 25.6 average margin of victory at home.
A Win Would
• Extend Arkansas’ current winning streak in Bud Walton Arena to 11 games, dating back to last year.
• Likely send the Razorbacks to their first AP top 25 ranking since March 16, 2015.
• Give Arkansas multiple top 20 wins in a season for the third time in the Mike Anderson era.
• Be the Razorbacks’ 10th AP Top 25 victory under Coach Anderson.
The Best Guards In The Nation
• Jaylen Barford is the only player in the SEC to rank in the top 5 in scoring (3rd), field goal percentage (3rd) and three-point field goal percentage (4th).
• According to Synergy, Barford is the eighth-most efficient high-major player in the country, averaging 1.13 points per possession.
• During the last 4+ games, Daryl Macon has recorded 17 consecutive assists without committing a turnover.
• Wednesday against CSU Bakersfield, Macon became the first Razorback in 20 years to score 15+ points, dish out 8+ assists and have zero turnovers.
Mini plans, mobile passes and single-game tickets for the 2017-18 season are available now at the Razorback Ticket Center by calling at 1-800-982-HOGS (4647) and online by clicking here.
For more information on Arkansas men’s basketball, follow @RazorbackMBB on Twitter.