FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – After a runner-up finish Tuesday at the Querencia Cabo Collegiate, senior Taylor Moore has been named the SEC Co-Golfer of the Week the league office announced Wednesday afternoon.
Moore continued his impressive play in Mexico, posting rounds of 67-68-70 to finish at eight-under and one shot off the pace. He has five consecutive rounds under par for the first time in his career and has finished first and tied for second respectively in his last two events.
Moore has now won SEC Golfer of the Week four times in his career, capturing the award once as a sophomore, twice as a junior and now as a senior.
The Edmond, Okla., native led the field in par five scoring this week at six-under, including a tournament best two eagles as he recorded a three on the par five ninth hole each of the first two days. He was also fourth in the 75-player field in par four scoring at four-under.
Moore is 18-under over his last five competitive rounds with 19 birdies, two eagles and one double eagle. He has a team-best 71.3 stroke average in 21 rounds during the 2015-16 season and has produced a counting score in 17 of his last 18 rounds.
The Razorbacks return to action on Monday, March 14, traveling to Athens, Georgia for the Southern Intercollegiate. The one day 36-hole event will be played at Athens Country Club.
• Finished tied for second at the Querencia Cabo Collegiate at eight-under.
• Has five consecutive rounds under par for the first time in his career.
• Is 18-under over his last five rounds, posting a victory and a runner-up finish.
• Was the only player in the field in Cabo with multiple eagles.
• Led the 75-player field in par five scoring at six-under.
• Has a stroke average of 71.3 in 21 rounds during the 2015-16 season.
• Has had a counting score in 17 of Arkansas’ last 18 rounds.
For more information on Arkansas men’s basketball, follow @RazorbackMGolf on Twitter.