FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Consistently ranked among the top-five best teams in the country, the Arkansas men’s track and field team will look to divide and conquer this weekend by facing a pair of challenges in the Iowa State Classic in Ames, Iowa, and the Tyson Invitational at the Randal Tyson Track Center.
Drawing some of the best collegiate distance talent in the country, the Iowa State Classic will host head coach Chris Bucknam’s group of elite distance runners, including cross country All-Americans Jack Bruce and Frankline Tonui, both in search of NCAA Indoor Championship qualifying marks in the 3,000 and 5,000, respectively.
Back in Fayetteville at the Tyson Invitational, the Razorbacks’ sprints and field crew will be challenged by a bevy of top Division I programs, featuring five national event leaders and several others in the top 10.
Of the 35 programs with entries at the Tyson Invitational, nine are nationally ranked including: No. 1 Florida, No. 3 LSU, No. 8 Southern California, No. 12 Texas Tech, No. 15 Texas, No. 16 Kansas, No. 17 Colorado and No. 20 Oklahoma State.
Events to Watch Iowa
• 6:55 p.m. 5,000 Meters Invite: Top entries – Syracuse, Colin Bennie (NCAA 2016, 8th: 13:53.64) | Ark, Andrew Ronoh (PB: 14:15.38)
• 8:00 p.m. 3,000 Meters Invite: Top entries – Syracuse, Justyn Knight (NCAA 2016, 3rd: 8:01.85) | Ark, Jack Bruce (PB: 8:20.03)
Date/Primetime: Friday, Feb. 10, 4:30 p.m. CT | Saturday, Feb. 11, 1 p.m. CT
Venue: Randal Tyson Track Center
Tickets: $5 for Adults, 17 and under free
Important Links: Meet Schedule | Live Results | WatchESPN Day One | WatchESPN Day Two | Heat Sheets
Events to Watch Tyson
• 5:30 p.m. Long Jump Invite: Top entries – UF, Grant Holloway (SB: 26-5) | Ark, Andreas Trajkovski (SB: 25-0 3/4)
• 5:45 p.m. 60 Meters Prelims: Top entries – UNI, Brandon Carnes (SB: 6.59) | Ark, Kenzo Cotton (SB: 6.66)
• 6:30 p.m. 400 Meters Invite: Top entries – LSU, Michael Cherry (45.91) | Ark, Obi Igbokwe (SB: 46.40)
• 2:40 p.m. 200 Meters Invite: Top entries – Ark, Josh Washington (SB: 20.71) | UH, Eli Hall-Thompson (SB: 20.71)
• 3:00 p.m. Triple Jump Invite: Top entries – Ark, Clive Pullen (SB: 54-8) | UF, KeAndre Bates (SB: 54-8)
• 4:15 p.m. 4-x-400 Invite: Top entries – Southern California (SB: 3:06.01) | Arkansas (SB: 3:07.51)
PB (personal best), SB (season’s best), NCAA 2016 denotes their finish at last year’s championship meet.
Arkansas will open up competition at 1 p.m. on Friday with seniors Lane Austell and Brad Culp in the men’s pole vault. Tickets are available by contacting the Razorback Athletics Ticket Center via phone at 800-982-4647 or in person at the Razorback Athletics Ticket Center located at 1295 S. Razorback Road, just east of Baum Stadium.
For more information on Arkansas track and field including in-meet updates, follow @RazorbackTF on Twitter.