FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Ready to take on a field that features nine ranked teams, including five in the top 10 of GCAA Coaches Poll, the Arkansas men’s golf team will close out its fall season starting on Sunday at the three-day Tavistock Collegiate Invitational held at Lake Nona Golf and Country Club in Orlando.
The tournament marks the third straight year the Razorbacks have closed their fall season at the event, which until this year was called the Isleworth Collegiate Invitational and was held at TPC Sawgrass.
Arkansas, who received 24 votes in the last GCAA Coaches Poll, is coming off a top five finish in its last outing at the Jerry Pate National Intercollegiate. The Razorbacks will roll out the same starting five for the third time this fall, as juniors Taylor Moore, Nicolas Echavarria and Kolton Crawford along with freshmen Alvaro Ortiz and Emil Soegaard will look to build off the team’s best three rounds of the fall.
The one-two combo of Echavarria and Moore both finished in the top 10 at the Jerry Pate Intercollegiate and accounted for half of the team’s counting scores over the 54 holes. In his first event since playing in the World Amateur Team Championships in Japan, Echavarria was the team’s top finisher in seventh place and is second on the team with a 72.2 stroke average.
Ortiz is the only Razorback to turn in a counting score in every round he’s played this fall, as he’s a perfect 6-for-6 thanks to a pair of 15th place finishes at his first two collegiate tournaments. Over those six rounds, Ortiz has finished under-par three times and holds team-low 71.5 stroke average.
Arkansas open the tournament playing alongside No. 7 Georgia and No. 12 California going off the first tee starting at 7:50 a.m. Live scoring is available all three days at www.Golfstat.com or via the Golfstat Live app.
For more information on Arkansas men’s golf, follow @RazorbackMGolf on Twitter.
@RazorbackMGolf Lineup (First RD Tee Time)
Taylor Moore, Jr. (8:30 a.m.)
Nicolas Echavarria, Jr. (8:20 a.m.)
Alvaro Ortiz, Fr. (8:10 a.m.)
Kolton Crawford, R-Jr. (8:00 a.m.)
Emil Soegaard, Fr. (7:50 a.m.)
@RazorbackMGolf Lineup Quick Nine
• Four of the five players in the lineup have a scoring average under 74.
• A different player has finished as the low-man in all three events.
• Crawford is the only player to finish as the low-man in consecutive rounds this fall.
• Crawford has been the low-man in a team-best four rounds.
• Crawford and Ortiz lead the team with three under-par rounds each.
• Ortiz has carded double-digit birdies in both tournaments played.
• Sunday will be the 30th straight start for Moore to open his collegiate career.
• Moore is just four birdies shy of 250 for his career.
• Echavarria’s top 10 at the Jerry Pate Intercollegiate was his first in a regular season event.
Tavistock Collegiate Invitational (GCAA Ranking – Oct. 3)
Florida State (4)
New Mexico (18)
Texas Tech (17)