ATHENS, Ga. – The Arkansas men’s tennis team (12-14, 2-8) dropped their first match of the weekend to No. 8 Georgia, falling 4-0 on the road in Athens.
Arkansas was unable to win a set in doubles competition, with No. 37 seniors Mike Nott and Manfred Jeske holding a 6-5 lead before action was suspended on court 1. UGA won matches on courts two and three to take the doubles point.
The Razorbacks opened singles play trailing the Bulldogs 1-0 and wouldn’t score another point. The Bulldogs won the first set on all six courts, behind the strength of five ranked singles, and notched wins on courts one, two and three to sweep the Razorbacks 4-0.
Arkansas will return to action on Sunday, traveling to Knoxville, Tenn., to take on the Volunteers at noon. Live stats can be found at www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com as well as by following @RazorbackMTEN on Twitter.
Arkansas vs Georgia
Apr 04, 2014 at Athens, Ga.
#8 Georgia 4, Arkansas 0
1. #18 Austin Smith (UGA) def. Mike Nott (AR) 6-3, 6-2
2. #39 Nathan Pasha (UGA) def. Manfred Jeske (AR) 6-2, 6-2
3. #75 Garrett Brasseaux (UGA) def. Hall Fess (AR) 6-2, 6-0
4. #72 Ben Wagland (UGA) vs. Jovan Parlic (AR) 7-6 (7-5), 1-3, unfinished
5. #117 Nick Wood (UGA) vs. Johan den Toom (AR) 6-4, 3-2, unfinished
6. Hernus Pieters (UGA) vs. Santiago Munoz (AR) 6-2, 6-5, unfinished
1. #9 Ben Wagland/Hernus Pieters (UGA) vs. #37 Mike Nott/Manfred Jeske (AR) 5-6, unfinished
2. Nathan Pasha/Garrett Brasseaux (UGA) def. #71 Hall Fess/Pete Thomason (AR) 8-1
3. Austin Smith/Eric Diaz (UGA) def. Jovan Parlic/Jacob Herndon (AR) 8-5
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3); Singles (3,2,1)