FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Riding a senior day sweep the previous weekend, Arkansas women’s swimming and diving will conclude its dual slate on the road at Kansas on Saturday, Jan. 31 at 10 a.m. in the Robinson Natatorium.
The Razorbacks (3-3) are on a three-meet winning streak dating back to their rout of the Nebraska Huskers on Nov. 8.
Arkansas’ last win came over the Missouri State Bears on Jan. 23 when it picked up wins in 16-of-16 events in the home finale.
Arkansas and Kansas (8-2) met last season when the Razorbacks trounced the Jayhawks, 207-91 in the Arkansas Natatorium. In 2013, the Razorbacks traveled to Lawrence, Kansas to top the Jayhawks handily, 219-81. Current junior Anna Mayfield left her mark in the Robinson Natatorium in 2013 when she downed a pool record with a time of 4:52.57 in the 500 freestyle.
Entering the meet, the Jayhawks hold a slight edge over the Razorbacks with a 13-16 series lead, but the Razorbacks have topped the Jayhawks in seven straight meets dating back to 2008.
Arkansas holds 21 top 100 times in the nation – to Kansas’ six – including eight in the top 50. Senior All-American Nikki Daniels paces the Razorbacks in the national rankings, holding the ninth-fastest 100 breaststroke time in the country (59.58) and No. 14 in the world. Daniels also holds the No. 26 time in the 200 breaststroke. Mayfield holds the 11th-fastest 500 freestyle time in the nation (4:39.67) and the No. 15 time in the world. Mayfield also holds the No. 41 time in the nation in the 200 freestyle with a time of 1:46.84. Freshman Chelsea Tatlow checks in at No. 23 and No. 30 in the nation in the 200 (1:58.32) and 400 (4:13.71) IM, respectively. Senior Susanna White’s 50 freestyle time of 22.59 is pegged the No. 40 time in the nation.
Within the Southeastern Conference, Arkansas boasts 23 times in the top 30 and nine times in the top 15.
The Jayhawks are led by the reigning 400 IM Big 12 Champion Chelsie Milller, who also earned All-American Honorable Mention at the 2014 NCAA Championships. Miller has clocked a time of 4:10.01 this season, good for No. 13 in the nation.
The Razorbacks will ready themselves in anticipation for the SEC Championships on Feb. 17-21 in Auburn, Alabama.
- The Razorbacks have defeated the Jayhawks in the last seven consecutive meetings.
- Arkansas holds 21 top 100 times in the nation to Kansas’ six.
- Senior Nikki Daniels’ 100 breaststroke time of 59.58 clocks in as the ninth fastest time in the nation thus far. The mark is also good for No. 14 in the world.
- Junior Anna Mayfield checks in at No. 11 in the nation with a time of 4:39.67 in the 500 freestyle.
- Freshman Chelsea Tatlow holds the No. 23 200 IM time in the nation (1:58.32) and the No. 30 400 IM time in the country (4:13.71).
- In the SEC, Arkansas holds 23 top-30 times, led by Mayfield who holds a team-leading four top-30 times (No. 11 200 free (1:46.84), No. 6 500 free (4:39.67), No. 13 100 back (53.61) and No. 9 200 back (1:54.84)).
- Daniels holds the highest swim for the Razorbacks in the league with the third-fastest 100 breaststroke (59.58) and seventh-fastest 200 breaststroke (2:11.66).
- Tatlow holds three top-25 times in the conference in the 200 backstroke (No. 21, 1:56.93), 200 IM (No. 13, 1:58.32) and 400 IM (No. 17, 4:13.71).
For more information on Arkansas swimming and diving, follow @RazorbackSD.