FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Arkansas swimming and diving continues its two-meet homestand as it readies to host neighboring Southeastern Conference rival Missouri (0-0) on Friday, Oct. 24 at 2 p.m. in the Arkansas Natatorium.
The match-up is Arkansas’ third SEC opponent in a row following a season-opener at Florida and a home-opener against Texas A&M. The last time Arkansas (0-2, 0-2 SEC) opened with three straight conference dual meets was in the 2008-09 season.
Against the Aggies, Arkansas clocked 13 second-place finishes. Junior Anna Mayfield led the team with three, placing second in the 100-yard backstroke (55.10), 200 backstroke (1:58.76) and 200-yard IM (2:06.13). On the diving side, all three of Arkansas’ divers hit their zone diving standards in the three-meter boards.
- The Razorbacks lead the all-time Missouri-Arkansas series, 15-7, winning the last match-up against the Tigers in 2012, 197-103.
- Senior Nikki Daniels’ 100 breaststroke time against Florida (1:01.63) remains the No. 7 swim in the nation.
- Junior Anna Mayfield’s 500 freestyle time (4:49.42) earned at Florida is pegged the No. 7 swim in the nation.
- Freshman Nicole Gillis’ three-meter board score of 310.28 against the Aggies was good for 8th-best in the SEC.
- Arkansas’ 400 freestyle relay team of Nina Drolc, Rachel Stoehr, Anna Mayfield and Maddie Monroe clocked the fifth best time in the SEC (3:25.33) against the Gators.
- In support of breast cancer awareness, pink Arkansas Swimming and Diving shirts will be given away to the first 100 fans
- Fans can enter a drawing to win a pair of tickets to Arkansas football’s match-up against the UAB Blazers.
The Razorbacks will hit the road to take on the Nebraska Cornhuskers in Lincoln, Nebraska on Nov. 8 at 11 a.m.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
200 Medley Relay
200 Individual Medley
400 Freestyle Relay
For more information on Arkansas swimming and diving, follow @RazorbackSD.