FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Each Tuesday during the season, www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com will recap the previous week of action for @RazorbackSoccer, while keeping up with national rankings and individual accolades. This week’s Mid-Week Report recaps the Arkansas women’s soccer team’s 1-1-0 record in SEC play last week.
- Arkansas did not receive any votes in either national poll for the second week in a row.
- For the second consecutive week, Arkansas came in at the No. 6 position in the NSCAA NCAA Division I – South Poll, behind Florida, Texas A&M, Georgia, Missouri and South Carolina.
- Click HERE to view this week’s NSCAA/Continental Tire NCAA Division I – South Poll
NATIONAL RANKINGS (THRU GAMES 10.6.14)
- The Razorbacks are ranked in the top 100 in four categories:
- Assists – 26th
- Points – 54th
- Scoring Offense – 75th
- Won-Lost-Tied Percentage – 91st
- ASHLEIGH ELLENWOOD, CLAIRE KELLEY and CAMERON CARTER are each ranked in the top 100 in at least one individual statistic
- Ellenwood is ranked 18th in total assists, 33rd in assists per game and 100th in points per game.
- Kelley is 18th in total assists and 33rd in assists per game.
- Carter is ranked 10th in goalie minutes played.
The latest RPI rankings of the 2014 season was released Monday afternoon (Oct. 6) on NCAA.com (games played thru Oct. 6). The Razorbacks moved up six spots from last week and are ranked No. 31. Arkansas is also one of six SEC teams in the top 40.
5. Texas A&M
13. South Carolina
@RAZORBACKSOCCER TEAM NOTES
- With a social media push a week before to the season opener on Friday, Aug. 22, @RazorbackSoccer moved into the Top 25 for Division I women’s soccer Twitter accounts. Arkansas is now No. 24 with 3,115 followers and is three followers shy of the No. 23 spot (behind Tennessee – @LadyVol_Soccer).
- Arkansas is 30-21-5 in the Colby Hale era.
- Arkansas is 58-124-16 all-time in SEC games.
- In 29 SEC games under Hale, Arkansas is an even 13-13-3.
- In true road games, the Razorbacks are 7-10-2 under Hale.
- Arkansas is 0-1-3 in true road games this season.
- The Razorbacks are 0-0-2 in SEC road games this year after tying Ole Miss (1-1) and LSU (3-3).
- SEC Stats | SEC Standings
- Tennessee holds an 11-3-1 lead in the all-time series.
- The Razorbacks are 2-6-0 in Knoxville and won the last meeting 1-0.
- Arkansas defeated the Lady Vols, 2-1, last season in Fayetteville.
- In the Hale era, Arkansas is 2-0-0 vs. Tennessee.
LAST TIME OUT: @RAZORBACKSOCCER VS. NO. 6 FLORIDA (10.5.14)
- Florida took an early lead thanks to a pair of first half goals from Liz Slattery in the 23rd minute and Savannah Jordan in the 35th.
- Arkansas pulled within a score in the 62nd minute, as junior Ashleigh Ellenwood posted the 25th goal of her career.
- The score came off a set piece, as sophomore Claire Kelley sent a free kick from nearly 40 yards out into the box to find a sprinting Ellenwood. The Michigan City, Ind., native collected the ball and took a touch in front of the goal before blasting a shot into the right side of the net to pull her team within a goal on the No. 6-ranked team in the nation.
- The Gators ended any hope of an Arkansas comeback with a Tessa Andujar goal in the 80th minute to secure Florida’s 3-1 victory.
- Sunday’s loss snapped Arkansas’ six-game unbeaten streak and its seven-game home unbeaten streak.
- Sunday’s attendance of 1,177 marked the sixth time in seven home games this season the Razorbacks eclipsed the 1,000-attendence mark.
- The Razorbacks are now 19-8-2 in 29 home games under Hale.
- Arkansas is now 103-87-15 all-time at Razorback Field.
@RAZORBACKSOCCER PLAYER NOTES
- Ashleigh Ellenwood’s goal against Florida was her fifth of the year and the 25th of her career, putting her in a tie with Brittany Burns (2003-06) for fifth all-time.
- The two points for Ellenwood on Sunday gave her a team-high 17 on the year and 65 in her career.
- The 65 points puts her one point shy of Brittany Burns’ 66 points for fifth on the school’s all-time list.
- Ashleigh Ellenwood is tied for sixth in the SEC in points with 17 (5 goals, 7 assists)
- Ellenwood is also tied for fourth in the SEC in assists with seven.
- Cameron Carter is third in the league in saves (52) and saves per game (4.00).
- CLAIRE KELLEY is tied for fourth in the SEC in assists (7).
The Razorbacks have arguably one of the best home-field advantages in country. Averaging 1,388 fans per home contest, the Razorbacks rank fifth in the SEC in average home attendance.
1. South Carolina – 3,270/gm
2. Texas A&M – 2,946/gm
3. Georgia – 1,671/gm
4. Tennessee – 1,422/gm
5. Arkansas – 1,388/gm
On the loss to No. 6 Florida
“I think for the first twenty minutes we were very good. We had a twenty-five minute lull in the first half where we gave them two goals and you can’t do that against elite teams. We went into halftime and said we were actually still in it. I liked our chances. We scored a great goal then had four or five really good chances to tie it up. We put in a great effort in the second half, it was fantastic. You can’t spot good teams two goals and expect to win.”
On Ellenwood’s goal and overall performance of the team
“She (Ashleigh Ellenwood) is good. The whole team was. We played twenty-two players. We challenged our subs in the second half. We said you guys didn’t provide a whole lot in the first half. I thought in the second, they were fantastic. We needed to keep applying pressure to them. I thought overall the team was very good, especially in the second half.”
For more information on Arkansas soccer, follow @RazorbackSoccer on Twitter.