Bucknam, Geopfert Earn USTFCCCA Coach of the Year Honors Arkansas men’s track and field head coach Chris Bucknam was named USTFCCCA South Central Region Head Coach of the Year, while Travis Geopfert was named USTFCCCA South Central Region Assistant Coach of the Year. Bucknam coached the Razorbacks to a Southeastern Conference indoor title for the third-straight year, doing so this season with a 15-point cushion over nationally top-ranked Florida. Arkansas had three event championships in Solomon Haile, Raymond Higgs and Anthony My, along with five runners-up. Bucknam was also recently named SEC Indoor Coach of the Year, following his championship victory. Geopfert, in his fifth year as men’s field event coach at Arkansas, has a nation-leading six jumps entries and defending national champ heptathlete Kevin Lazas qualified for the NCAA Championships. Geopfert-coached athletes scored 60 points at the SEC Championships and claimed two league titles and two runners-up showings.
#ThurmanReturns : Help Pick Scotty Thurman’s Twitter Handle Razorback legend and current Director of Student-Athlete Development Scotty Thurman is returning in Twitter just in time for post season play and wants @RazorbackMBB fans to help him choose his new Twitter handle. Tweet at @RazorbackMBB and use the hashtag #ThurmanReturnsto be considered, submissions will be taken until 2 pm. We’ll announce the winner when @RazorbackMBB lands in Atlanta for the SEC Tournament tonight. Here are a few of the submissions if you need help getting your creative juices flowing:
– Brenda Hicks (@locknload2012) March 11, 2014
– Brandon Gillihan (@ARazorbackguy1) March 10, 2014
#ThurmanReturns Scotty should only have one Twitter handle! Bigshotscott!
– Terry Cook (@TheTerryCook) March 10, 2014
@RazorbackMBB #ThurmanReturns TheRustonRifle
– Joe Brooks (@barnhillbwa) March 10, 2014
@RazorbackMBB #ThurmanReturns New Twitter name: TheThurmanator
– Jackie Fulton (@JackFulton) March 10, 2014
BigShotScotty is only fitting #ThurmanReturns
– Joey Curtis (@coachcurtis30) March 10, 2014
@RazorbackGYM Rankings Update Senior All-American Katherine Grable Improved to the No. 2 overall ranking in this week’s Regional Qualifying Score (RQS) rankings by scoring her season-best all-around score on the road of 39.625 to tie for her eighth all-around title of the season. The Razorbacks moved to the No. 16 spot in the rankings. Freshman Amanda Wellick remained as the top freshman in the country and moved to the No. 18 overall spot in the rankings. Also in the individual rankings, sophomore Sydnie Dillard is No. 24 on the beam.
For the comoplete release click here.
In honor of #SeniorWeek first we would like to say thanks to our native Cajun Scarlett Williams @scarface692 #ALLIN pic.twitter.com/xWu1qAmxHQ
– Razorback Gymnastics (@RazorbackGYM) March 10, 2014 Too ambiguous? Know exactly what coverage we’re missing? Have a general question for the athletic department? Tell us. Shout firstname.lastname@example.org suggestions of what you would like to see covered and what the column is missing. Interaction is good. Think of this as your portal to all things Arkansas.